Thursday 26 July 2012

Dressing for the weather cock up part one

I'm not sure how this happened. Actually, scratch that, I more than know how this happened. So used to climbing out of bed in the morning, piling on layers of clothing and heading for the door, I failed to recognise the need for change when that blasted yellow thing in the sky decided to stick around for more than a day.

So. On went the jeans, the cardigan, the pumps. And so began my journey to London for a day at Westfield Shopping Centre. And boy did I swelter. My car with its primitive air conditioning did sweet F A to cool me down, and I was boiled to buggery by the time I arrived at the train station. Thankfully the journey on the high speed only took 31 minutes, and the train was relatively empty. Still, I was relieved to arrive at the beautifully air conditioned shopping centre in one (albeit slightly sweaty) piece.

Me pre-sweat (aka before I left the house):
Nude vest top with lace trim - H & M
Black linen cardigan - Cos
Black and white printed jeans - Primark
Sunglasses - Missoni
Brown pumps - M & S
Bag - Mulberry

Now for my second weather related cock up, and one of the reasons I went to Westfield in the first place. The husband and I have just booked our summer holiday to Barbados and I wanted to purchase a few bits and pieces for the trip. So far so simple. Upon arrival and quick scan of my favourite shops it soon became apparent that the summer stock had all but vanished, in favour of autumn/winter cosiness and warmth. Feck.

Now normally, this is not something I would moan about, and while the weather was so shite, I was happy to buy into this:  jeans, jumpers and boots, giddy, giddy, giddy. But do the shops not know I now need  want a few summery bits and pieces? A new dress here, a new kaftan there??! It seems not, but I will keep searching. If not, the airport will hopefully provide a lifeline (having explained this angst to hubby, he laughed relentlessly for a few minutes before reminding me that I spent an arm and a leg on summer clothing for our honeymoon last year, and could I not wear that?? Well yes, but I still want some new things dear husband. Bloody men, they just don't get it!)

Ho hum. I still managed to purchase a few little bits (shock horror). And all things that I am pretty pleased with.

Contrast detail T Shirt - £35 Cos
My love affair for printed jeans rumbles on. Not content with my 2 floral pairs and my black and white print worn above, I just had to purchase this leopard print pair from good old Primark. Only £13 and very similar to the Malene Birger pair currently on sale. 
Giddy Giddy Giddy #2. I wanted these Zara shoes when they were full price but could never track them down in my size. Well, not only did the Westfield branch have one size five, they were in the sale £29.99 instead of £39.99. Not a fantastic discount but I would have definitely bought them full price so still a good bargain. These bad boys are definitely coming on holiday, perfect for evening meals and (very short) strolls.

So back to today. Still boiling hot outside but I have most definitely learnt my lesson. So on went the maxi dress while I was out running errands, and then Hollister jersey shorts and a vest for bumming around at home. Bliss.

See you soon X

5 comments:

  1. Love the outfit especially the jeans! I'll be hot footing down to Primark tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Primark have had amazing printed jeans this summer! Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yep, same thing with my latest Westfield visit... I did wear summer appropriate clothes but forgot I'd not worn sandals all year and cut my feet to shreds... looking at WINTER CLOTHES even though it's only just turned summer. Argh.

    Enjoy the holibobs, I am relishing my 5 1/2 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfit! Love that COS top :)

    You have such a lovely blog! What do you think of following each other?

    WhiteCloset Fashion Blog
    Twitter
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent article very helpful will visit again one dayI'm impressed, I must say.
    Alpha ZXT Really rarely do I encounter a blog that's both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. http://www.healthsupreviews.com/is-alpha-zxt-scam-or-legit/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one xoxo