Friday 8 June 2012

Return of the blog

OK I'll admit, I've not been the most committed blogger of late. I'd love to say its because I've been having so much frickin' fun that I've not had time to sit and write, but the truth is I have been working. Working, and working a bit more, owing to the fact it is the dreaded exam season, and I have 100 odd elves ready to take GCSEs and A Levels. So boo to blogging and hello to hours of revision sessions, marking mock papers and tutoring pupils needing extra help. Still, it will all be over next week (huge sighs of relief), and I'd be lying if I said I hadn't had a bit of fun of late. This week is half term, and I've just returned from the beautiful Budapest!

With this blog post comes a smidge of smugness, as I feel I finally managed to crack successful packing for short mini-break type city breaks. In the past, much to hubby's dismay, I've insisted in putting a gigantic suitcase in the hold, filled with enough shoes to kit out my own mobile shop, jewellery, multiple day and night outfits depending on weather, occasion, mood etc etc. Exhausting, and never needed. This time however, I planned. I (shamefully) wrote out my to-pack list during mass with year 8, squiralled away at the back, pen and notebook balanced on one knee, one eye on the pupils placed strategically around me. This list was re-written, as weather predictions were checked and re-checked. I packed light summer outfits, light layers and just enough accessories to provide a change of look when needed. The case closed with ease and I earnt an extra good wife point from hubby (enough to earn me a new Pandora charm at the airport, score). So now for some of these outfits for you perusal... ; )

Travelling to Budapest outfit
Nude vest top (unseen) H & M
White linen oversize jumper new season Zara
White beaded Pashmina Mint Velvet
Floral jeans Zara
Ballet pumps Marks and Spencer (old season)
First day in Budapest
Swapped the jumper for a light Mango tee
Beaded toe post sandals by Marks and Spencer
Dinner outfit
White linen oversize jumper new season Zara
Zebra pattern scarf Zara
Jacquard pattern trouser Zara
Cheapie Primark matt gold flip flops (aka lifesavers - new sandals had caused blisters, bugger).
Mulberry postman's lock hobo bag



Dinner outfit
Same items as above but with my amazing Primark floral jeans - so similar to the Citizens of Humanity floral jeans I had my eye on... at £13 the Primark ones seemed a money savvy option, particularly for an item that may prove a bit of a one season wonder. I love.
Beautiful sunny day
Sheer dress DKNY
Sunglasses by Missoni
Beaded toe post sandals by Marks and Spencer
Mulberry postman's lock hobo bag
Chunky necklace Forever 21
Outfit as above, closer up of necklace
Back bustle detail of DKNY dress
Well back to earth now, back to insane wind and rain and weather that more closely resembles bloody October than June! Hopefully the blog posts will be more frequent from now on, particularly as exams as so close to over... gulp... ; )

4 comments:

  1. I need to follow your tips, I'm terrible at packing light.. I think as you say interchangeable accessories is key! Hope you had a lovely break away :)

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's taken me many years and many attempts at the elusive (and apparently oh so achievable- yeah right!) capsule wardrobe, before ive even come close!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The site was created to be duplicated, rotated and distributed, as if it were art with
    little or no knowledge of what the client has to make this happen.
    The great part is that sound has it's own high quality designation; Hi-Fi, but unfortunately for us and the iBiquity's private student loans for people department that
    term is so 1970.

    Here is my homepage; Student Loans For People With Bad Credit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its very well written; I love what Super Brain youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or two images. Maybe you could space it out better.For more ==== >>>>>> http://ultimatemuscleblackeditionrev.com/super-brain/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one xoxo