Saturday 17 March 2012

All blissed out

Hello and happy weekend to all my lovely followers, hope you are relaxing and enjoying yourselves. I really cannot believe how quickly time is going at the moment, another weekend and only two weeks until half term! So excited as I have some really fun things planned for half term and am willing the time away now!!

I am super busy at the moment, perhaps that's why it seems as if time is travelling at the speed of light! In these busy times, I am always reminded of the need to take a moment, slow down and relax for a while. I have to admit though, I find this difficult at times. With late nights working and then straight to bed, I often go a whole week straight with little down time, other than to eat and shower! Weekends and half terms are therefore sacred, and I try to pencil in a good few days of just pure relaxation - good food, plenty of magazines and new films/TV to watch.

In keeping with the relaxation theme, I recently decided that a spa day was in order, a whole day of nothing but relaxation, luxury treatments and delicious food. My best friend and I booked our spa day just before Christmas and decided to take it in the February half term. We travelled up the day before and stayed in a hotel so we wouldn't need to rush around on the day of the spa. We chose the gorgeous country spa Clarice House in Bury St Edmunds on the recommendation of my mum who visits the spa herself.

 Happily, the spa day was everything we wanted and more! We enjoyed 5 treatments including a 1 hour facial and massage, full use of the facilities and a three course lunch in their AA Rosette awarded restaurant. I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed the fact we were able to wear our robes and slippers all day, even for lunch! Here are a few snaps I took to remember our day (apologies for poor quality, I only had my iPhone available!)

Beautiful country house interiors
The ONLY time you will catch me without make up... and only because it's mandatory!
Hot choc : )
Starters! Clare opted for a goats cheese panna cotta with hot and sour cherry tomatoes, confit  pepper and a parmesan twille.
I chose a tomato and basil soup with rosemary bread.
Clare's main was an individual minced venison ragu, horseradish mash and carrots and parnsips.
I chose a pan fried chicken breast with pancetta, on a bed of risotto with a balsamic vinegar dressing and watercress accompaniment.
Gorgeous dessert: fondant chocolate tart with honeycomb ice cream.
Relaxing in the conservatory in between treatments.
Pretty toes!
A most brilliant day, and boy did it feel good to just relax and have nothing else to think about! With busy lifestyles I think spa days should be mandatory for women, at least once a year! I intend to return... : )

Enjoy the rest of your weekend elves : ) XOXO

4 comments:

  1. I would love a spa day, spending the entire day being fed, pampered and in your dressing gown what more could you want!? X

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a great day! What a perfect way to relax! The soup with the bread looks amazing!

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Half term is hurtling towards me with SO MUCH to fit in, argh, I'm working most weekends at the moment too. When it hits, I'm off to the country for a couple of days for complete relaxation.

    I love the look of that spa, maybe I'll book myself a spa day, sounds a great way to unwind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to a spa, I'm not really sure it's me. The food looks delightful though :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one xoxo