Tuesday 30 August 2011

I nailed it

With my nail technician away for the summer, I have had to be more inventive with my nails for the past couple of months. I never thought I would say this, but I have really enjoyed painting my nails, trying new colours and styles. Nail art has really exploded again recently and it has been really enjoyable trying different techniques for myself. I now own a great deal more nail polish than ever before, as well as a vast array of nail oils, cuticle creams and scrubs! I will never be fully converted though, as I enjoy the luxury and ease of having a professional take care of my nails, however, its good to know I have back-ups!

One such nail experiment that I have been particularly pleased with is the application of nail foils on my toes. You may remember that I blogged about my minx toe nail foils
here, back in June. I was so impressed with the look of these foils, and the way they stayed put for a good 5 to 6 weeks. I was therefore keen to try the at home version when my friend told me that she had bought some. They are available to buy in Boots and Superdrug, as well as Ebay which is where she purchased hers from. Just like with Minx, they come in many designs, and cost a very reasonable £9.50 for 5 designs.


Step 1 - Clean off any old polish and residues with nail polish remover.


Step 2 - Select the size of foil that fits best for your first toe and blast with a hair-dryer to soften for about 5 seconds. When soft and malleable, lay the foil down on the toe nail.


Step 3 - The foil will be much too long so use a pair of nail scissors to trim off the excess. When this is done, you can file the edge of the foil and nail to neaten and to seal the edge.


Step 4 - Use a cotton bud and roll over the nail to ensure good adhesion and smoothness.


Step 5 - Check the nail, and repeat the steps above until all toes are complete.



Ta-da! Your nails should look something like this when finished! These foils should last at least a month, however, if you wish to remove to change design, they are easily taken off by blasting a hair dryer on each one to soften. They will then simply peel off.



That's everything for today, hope you are all having a nice week : ) Until next time xoxo

7 comments:

  1. oooh I want to try this! thanks for sharing your tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make it look really simple !
    Will have to have ago myself :)

    www.launainponderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to try this! You did a great job!

    xoxo Denise

    http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've reviewed some of these :) I have a guest post up comparing two soon too, I really do not get on with nail foils that use heat, mine just never wanted to 'melt' I find nailease where you dont need heat to be better :)

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com/
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh these nails look fun! I could never have my toenails like that though...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really like your nails!!!! yeah, nail polish have really exploded...everyone is full of inspiration on how to do different colours and styles! every time I go to a cosmetics shop, i always buy 2 or 3 nail polishes! lol!

    jos xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one xoxo