Tuesday 16 August 2011

100 followers! : )

Hello lovely ladies and first off a MASSIVE THANK YOU to all my amazing followers - I have now reached over 100 followers and I am so pleased! It makes me so unbelievably happy to think that there are so many lovely people out there who want to read my daily ramblings! I really enjoy reading all of your lovely comments, makes my day : ) xoxo

Well today was a nice lazy day for me, I felt a bit out of sorts so I just took it easy, did a bit of school work and a little food shopping. I still managed to try some new recipes though (I am thinking of re-naming my blog 'chef in style' hahaha) and I want to share my lunch time recipe with you because it was delish and super healthy! I made Sally Bee's roasted tomato soup recipe.

Step 1 - Wash a 1kg bag of tomatoes, cut them in half and arrange them on a roasting tray.

Step 2 - Sprinkle over 3 crushed garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons of dried mixed herbs, ground black pepper and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.

Step 3- Roast the tomatoes for about 1 hour until they are started to brown at the edges.

Step 4 - Remove the tomatoes from the oven and wait about 10 minutes for them to cool a little. Put them straight into a blender, removing the skins as you go (This should be very easy at this stage although it is not necessary so leave them on if you prefer).

Step 5 - Add 600ml of hot vegetable stock and 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar to the tomatoes and blend.

Step 6- Serve the soup in a bowl, adding a good shake of dried basil and mixing through, and then arranging some fresh basil on top. Delish.

* I sieve the mixture before I serve it to remove the seeds as hubby does not like them (and he says I'm a fussy eater!) but again, this is not necessary and they can be left in.


Hope you are all having a lovely week, until next time xoxo

19 comments:

  1. Congrats!! That looks so delish, I love tomato soup :)

    xx
    rebelrousher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww congratulations on your 100 followers !
    Wish i was at that point :)
    and mmm tomato soup if i cooked i would try it !
    I had tomato soup today myself although mine was heinz
    Love your blog xx

    www.launainponderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never made tomato soup, yours looks delicious! Congrats on your followers x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, that makes me hungry! Looks delicious:D

    p.s Please visit my blog and check out my latest post: vote for your fave look of me!

    Xx
    ** Check out my Stylish Confessions! **

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats!!! that soup looks delicious!!!
    http://mystylebyjoandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your followers you definitely deserve them and you'll only get more :) Thank you for sharing this recipe, it looks so delicious. And something I might be able to actually make. hehe

    xoDale
    www.savvyspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love tomato soup. It looks yummy!

    Fashion Cat
    www.firstlookbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh.. yumyum! looks good girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious. I really need to start learning how to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks yummy! http://openboxjewels.blogspot.com/ X

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanna give this a try! I lovee tomato soup! Congrats on the 100! I'm hoping to be there soon! :) x

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com/
    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmm..looks so yummy!And congratulations, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds/looks so yummy! Congrats on the followers too :)

    Stacey xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats Honey!!!You deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Big thank you to all of you xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one xoxo